Thursday, 3 August 2017

Iceland // first impressions and a wedding in Skálholt


Iceland! First stop: Blue Lagoon. Next stop: a stroller shop, because our stroller was broken during the flight.



I got to practice my (very poor) Icelandic reading skills. 


of course


There is only a two hour time difference between Norway and Iceland yet it was enough to make us jet lagged. 


Our friends' beautiful wedding in the beautiful Skálholt cathedral. 


the gorgeous wedding dress // knitted by the bride's mother // the couple's daughter wore a similar dress


last minute pampering for the pretty mammas 


Beautiful lace bunting, made by the crafty ceramist bride.


The bride's maid-of-honour - also a ceramist - made these beautiful little vases that were filled with wildflowers. I love the shape and the color tones. 


Skálholt cathedral seen from our cabin.


I took this photo because of the light. Little did I know that bananas would be such an important part of our kids' diet turing our time in Iceland. Especially Sverre got pretty hooked on them; he ate four in one go - and then he fall asleep still holding on to the last piece. 



early bird catches the coffee // morning view from our little cabin at Skálholt

- - -

PS: Maria's Iceland photos are absolutely stunning. And they make me kind of regret that I didn't bring my big camera. I brought my film camera though, but I barely used it. Hence all my Iceland photos are taken with my iPhone and edited with the VSCO Cam app. I find that the iPhone is such a convenient tool for snapping on the go whilst chasing a soon to be two year old...

3 comments:

  1. Øh, jeg sitter med klump i halsen. Jeg tror Island har ødelagt meg (les: reparert). Vil tilbake NÅ.

    Og takk for anbefaling og fine ord! Jeg syntes bildene ble så fattige, det var like før jeg bare ga opp å ta bilder når jeg var der. Det går jo ikke an å fange noe sånt på bilder. Men når jeg kom hjem var jeg glad jeg hadde bildene. Og jeg hadde ikke med meg neste-to-åringen, vettu. Kan ha noe med det å gjøre.
    KLEM

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place to be. And a weddingdress knitted by the brides mother? That is such a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iceland. Wow! Seeing from our 34 degrees in the very South of Italy your photos seem even more exotic and interesting... How I wish I could visit Nordic lands one day... By now I keep on dreaming also through your blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails