Monday, 22 October 2012

what's for dinner, week 43

week 42's dinners

Monday: a salad with mixed lettuce, chicken filet, red onion, apple, avocado and balsamic vinegar
Tuesday: at our friends' place
Wednesday: pasta with mushroom sauce and bacon (from the freezer) and a salad
Thursday: my fish soup
Friday, Sølve's birthday: seafood
Saturday: fish/meat of the day with vegetables
Sunday, my birthday: Sølve's beef stroganoff (one of my favorites)

- - -

We did not plan last week's dinners because we were in our hometown Sandnes and at the mountain cabin most of the week. Dinners were planned and made by our parents. Here is what we had (photos above):

Monday, home: homemade lasagna (from the freezer) and a salad
Tuesday, my parents' place: my mum's homemade meatballs with potatoes, broccoli and gravy
Wednesday, my parents' place: Salma salmon with a creme fraiche mango chutney sauce and rice
Thursday, my parents' place: halibut, potatoes, carrots and Sandefjordsmør (a sauce made of butter and cream)
Friday, the mountain cabin: we had no luck catching our own fish, so my in-laws' brought Salma salmon which was served with mixed pan fried vegetables
Saturday, the mountain cabin: my father-in-law's "mountain beef" marinated in juniper berries + pan fried mushrooms, mixed vegetables with thyme and potatoes with tarragon
Sunday, home: spaghetti with minced beef and bacon, tomato, green bell pepper and parsley

- - -

about this project | the dinner project 2010, week 43 (we were in New York!) | everyday stories 2011, week 43 (probably the most special week of my life)

2 comments:

  1. oi, happy birthday to you two! those sound like fine birthday dinners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday for you both! I love your dinners. I am always looking for ideas for things to cook and I love the way you keep things fairly simple.x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails