Sunday, 17 December 2017
Friday, 15 December 2017
|Christmas tree hunt from the 2009 archives - the last time we had a proper white Christmas|
- I FINISHED MY EXAM!
- watching snowflakes dance in the air before they fall to the ground
- listening to Christmas carols
- 10 questions about Christmas - "The tree when I lean over it to plug the lighs in in the morning" - yes! The best Christmas scent!
- når motemennesker skal spise seg pene med vegetarmat
- nei, sønnen min får ikke julegave av meg i år
- dette Ingefær podcast intervjuet med Elisa Røtterud (Kul dame! Var på Svalbard på jobbreise sammen i 2008 - back in the days altså!)
- og denne Ingefær-episoden: barseltid og mammarollen
- the generosity of my colleagues
- Friday afternoon tacos and catch up with the best of friends and our flock of kids - including 2,5 months old baby H. I'm so, so thankful for having them all in my life!
- - -
Things I don't like lately
- the pile of 50 midterm Norwegian papers that needs grading + a few other grading jobs. No rest for the wicked...
- the beautiful snow turned into glazed streets, which means I don't dare to bike, so I have driven to work the last couple of days and it drives me crazy. Morning rush traffic instead of fresh air and light exercise - not the way I like to start my days.
- all the talk (and photos) of matcha, smoothie bowls, collagen and all that jazz in social media. Although I'm periodically really into green smoothies, ginger shots and vegetable juices... Oh to throw stones in a glass house...
Tuesday, 12 December 2017
Monday, 11 December 2017
Sara was here // advent with Shark, Pikachu and the golden gnome
5 good things
- the view of the full moon on my way to work this morning
- it was no longer slippery when I biked home from work
- roasted chicken for dinner - thank you, dear husband
- going to bed long before ten pm
- reading a Christmas story for Sara before bedtime
rain cover filter
5 good things
- a patient husband who cares for the children, makes dinner and tidies the house while I’m in exam mode (= being totally ego centred and completely exhausted)
- the broccoli bacon salad in the University canteen
- rain - because that means I don’t have to worry about slippery roads while biking
- a helping hand from a colleague
- chocolate - how could I do without these days?!
Advent activity calendar day 7: painting with empty toilet paper rolls. Some of them turned out to be frame worthy. (This photo reminds me that the red table cloth makes my eyes hurt + my angst for getting paint places where paint should not be)
yellow jumper reflected // mamma, help me with this
Uni, Dec 9, Saturday 2 pm.
Outside: rain, hail and snow.
Inside: Christmas tree amongst the book shelves, twinkle lights, advent calendar by the library entrance, people wearing cosy slippers at the reading room plus the smell of clementines and sneaking exam angst.
To walk home in the snow after a long day at the university reading room.
10 pm magic
To go outside in your pyjamas to see the magic of the first snow.
Advent activity calendar day... ehhh... never mind! Potato stamping Christmas card envelopes. She got hooked on the dinosaur stamp, which in fact is a failed star.
9 am magic // not pictured: super excited kids
unexpected colour match // again I’m trying to make sense of the fiction curriculum and wishing I had the opportunity to attend lectures
Thank you snow, you made today a pretty one.
Week 49: December 4-10
Friday, 8 December 2017
|Bergen apartment view memories // Kodak Portra 400nc, Minolta SRT 101|
- an evening spent painting with Sara and Sverre (instead of studying)
- a heap of hand me down clothes for Sverre
- watching "Arthur Christmas" with Sara (again)
- Christmas cards are ordered
- the thought of the things I will do when I finish my studies
- lasagna from the freezer for dinner on a Thursday afternoon
- rediscovering Sannah Kvist's photos
- seeing how much fun Sverre has playing with Sara's dinosaurs
- hearing how well Sara reads
- - -
Things I don't like lately
- way too much chocolate
Wednesday, 6 December 2017
|from the Bergen apartment archives - books and a suitable mantra|
- make photo books from the past two years (I used to be really into it.)
- give darker mornings, yet again another try
- shoot film! This year I have finished one film. One! Maybe I'll do another round of a roll of film a month to make up for the sad 2017 number?
- make Sunday hikes a high priority family tradition
- spend a lot more time at the mountain cabin
- do my very best not to work during the weekends
- get back to proper dinner planning - maybe I should even dust off the old "what's for dinner project"?
- explore new recipes in my stacks of cook books
- have movie nights with Sølve - it's been ages since I last saw a movie
- binge watch tv series
Note to self: Don't get too excited about this already. You don't finish your studies for another semester...
Tuesday, 5 December 2017
here we go again // the month of sick kiddos // trying to sneak in a bit of studying in between
He normally has a very good appetite, but these days all I get him to eat is salty crisps. Poor little one.
Trying to make sense of Ibsen’s “The Wild Duck”. Wishing I had the opportunity to attend lectures. // Noen som har tanker om hvorfor Dr. Relling kan betraktes som Ibsens talerør i stykket?
old school geography test coming up
5 good things
- winter pastels and sub zero temperatures
- Sverre was happy to be back in kindergarten after a couple of sick days
- green plants in the University reading room
- red finger nails
- coffee and chocolate whilst studying (because rough night)
the light that makes me pause
because mental fuel
+ Bach’s Christmas Oratorio
less is bore
foggy landscape in the am
I take my packed lunches very serious. Coffee, instant coffee and milk for the coffee (full fat milk, because it makes the instant coffee taste better), water, rice pudding, Christmas marzipan and chocolate, apple slices, cherry tomatoes, snap peas, carrot, grapes, sandwiches with Philadelphia cheese and salami. Hoping this will keep me both physically and mentally fuelled for today’s study session.
I remember this info display from when I first was a student here, back in the autumn of 1998.
foggy landscape in the pm
He went grocery shopping with his pappa and was obviously proud of the haul.
Sunday 7 am
Trying to smile and stay positive, but the truth is I'm dead tired of this constant work mode.
textures // something to like
Week 48: November 27 - December 3